2nd CASE NOTE COMPETITION ON CIVIL LAW [Register by 12th September]
ABOUT LEGAL ARMOR
Legal Armor is a Law Blog website. They tend to live by our name and provide a protective shield to the Legal Community by providing quality writing for both Students and Professionals.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The legal Sphere is not just the academic aspect, but a combination of both the practical and the academic world. We at Legal Armor are bringing to you a Case Note competition, which provides the best of both worlds.
The Supreme Court Judgments for the Competition have shaped the Legal Jurisprudence of Indian Civil Laws as we know it.
This Case Note Competition seeks to promote original thought, and analysis amongst students, researchers, academicians and legal practitioners.
- Online Event.
- The aforesaid Competition is open to all Law Students, researchers’ academicians and/or legal practitioners.
- No Co-authorship is allowed.
- Words Limit: 1000 (excluding footnotes)
- Format: Doc. or Docx.
- Font– Times New Roman
- Font Size: 14 for Headings, 12 for the text and 10 for the Footnotes
- Line Spacing: 1.5 for text and 1 for footnotes
- Alignment: Justified
- Margin: one inch each side
- Citation: Bluebook 19th Edition
- Language: English Only
LIST OF CASES FOR CASE NOTE WITH THEMES (Choose 1)
- ADMINISTRATIVE LAW: L. Chandra Kumar vs Union Of India And Others, Appeal (Civil) 481 of 1980.
- CIVIL PROCEDURE LAW: Manohar Lal Chopra vs Rai Bahadur Rao Raja Seth Hiralal, 1962 AIR 527.
- CORPORATE LAW: State Of U.P. And Ors vs Renusagar Power Co. And Others, 1988 AIR 1737.
- ENVIRONMENTAL LAW: Rural Litigation & Entitlement Kendra Vs. State Of U.P., 1989 AIR 594.
- FAMILY LAW: Sastri Yagnapurushadji And Others Vs. Muldas Brudardas Vaishya And Another, 1966 AIR 1119.
- LABOUR LAW: Bangalore Water-Supply & Sewerage Board, Etc. Vs. R. Rajappa & Others, 1978 AIR 548.
- The work must be original, and on plagiarism count more than 10% will lead to disqualification.
- The submission shall have the following- facts of the case, reasoning, disposition and critical analysis of the judgment.
- The name of the Author shall be mentioned inside the file, as a footnote.
Last Date of Registration: 12th September 2020
Last Date of Submission: 17th September 2020
- 1st Position– Rs. 1000/- + Certificate of Excellence + Post of Case Comment on Website + Online Internship Opportunity with Legal Armor’s Blog.
- 2nd Position– Rs. 500/- + Certificate of Merit + Post of Case Comment on Website + Online Internship Opportunity with Legal Armor’s Blog.
- 3rd Position– Certificate of Merit + Post of Case Comment on Website + Online Internship Opportunity with Legal Armor’s Blog.
All participants will receive E-certificates.
HOW TO REGISTER
To register for the competition, visit this link and click on “Register Here”.
- Registration fee: Rs. 150/-
- Payment modes available- Paytm/Google Pay/NEFT-RTGS
For queries and clarifications write to us on Instagram or fill a form on our official website.