LSS’s 1st National Case Commentary Competition, 2021- Submit by April 2, 2021
Glad Tidlings! La Senatus Scriptors presents the whole new series of Tri-monthly contests, gear up!
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
La Senatus Scriptors enthusiastically welcomes submissions of case commentaries for the National Level Case Commentary Competition, 2021. We establish a holistic approach to research and writing. We are duty-bound to judge unbiasedly. The case comments will be judged on the following 10 criteria:
- Extent of research
- Knowledge of Law and Facts
- Interpretation of Cases and related statutes
- Clarity, brevity and style
- Ingenuity of thought, original thinking
- Use of authorities and citations
- Writing and logical structuring
- Strengths and weaknesses of the matter
- Clear and concise writing style
- Appropriate starting, ending and breaking of paragraphs
May the most deserving win!
WHO IS IT FOR/ELIGIBILITY:
Anyone who is passionate about research and its nuances.
Participants can work on any case law as per their choice.
– The manuscript should be in MS Word format.
– The title of the manuscript should be appropriate.
– The manuscript shall be original and unpublished.
– The submission should not be plagiarized, and free from grammatical, spelling and other errors.
– Full names of all the author(s) must be given.
– Any uniform method for citation may be followed.
– The body of the manuscript shall be in Garamond, font size 12, Single line spacing. Footnotes should be in Garamond, size 10 single line spacing
– A margin of 4 centimetres shall be left on all sides of the paper.
– Table of Contents must be inserted , font – Garamond, size 10, italics, all capitalized.
– Page borders, footers, headers, watermark, or any identifications shall not be used.
– An abstract of not more than 300 words is mandatory.
All submissions must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the mail must be “Case Commentary Competition”, A cover letter with the Name(s) of the Author(s), Institution/Affiliation, the Title of the Manuscript and Contact Information including mail ID and Mobile Number; An undertaking as to the work submitted is genuine and the author is the original owner of the work and the same is not published anywhere before. The same must be furnished in a separate word document.
DEADLINE : April 2nd, 2021: No Entry Fee
1st Position: Cash Prize 5000INR + Free Publication worth 800INR + Certificate of Merit + LOR
2nd Position: Free Publication worth 800INR + Certificate of Merit + LOR
3rd Position: Free Publication worth 800INR + Certificate of Merit
Top 10 Positions: Certificate of Merit
(soft copies of certificate of publication shall be provided)
All the very best!